When considering a cleaning plan, you have to consider what your motivation is so you can get a plan that fits. We see a lot of people get weekly recurring cleaning but it doesn’t address the jobs that build up over time and invariably are the worst things to clean.
Most people state the following reasons for using a cleaning company;
- They hate cleaning
- They want to spend more time doing enjoyable things – family, socialising, watching TV
- They find it hard to get motivated to do cleaning and just want to live in a clean house/apartment without the stress of having to fit in cleaning
- They live in share accommodation and it’s just easier to outsource it
At Darwin Cleaners we suggest a 3-tiered approach. You divide your cleaning chores into 3 cycles; a weekly cycle, monthly cycle and quarterly cycle.
You shouldn’t be paying every week to clean something that only needs cleaning every month or quarter. Take your shower for instance. You don’t want to pay shower rates every week when all it needs is a wipe-down. You’re better off playing once per month where it’s cleaned properly with chemicals to keep mould away.
Darwin Cleaning has specifically developed a 3-Tier Plan that not only allows our clients to keep a clean house at an affordable price, but it allows them to do very little cleaning themselves. Our clients constantly tell us how good it is to never worry about having to clean or feeling guilty for constantly putting it off. That means more time with the family and/or more stress free downtime where you can recharge your battery.
Darwin Cleaners 3-Tier Plan
Bedroom, Living and all Common Areas
- Dusting and wipe down
- Window ledges
- Ceiling fans
- Light switches and door knobs
- Vacuum and mop floors
- Empty bins
- Wipe down bench surfaces
- Wipe down cupboard surfaces
- Appliance surface – fridge, microwave, oven, kettle etc
- Microwave – inside
- Bath tub
- Wipe down
- Bench surfaces
- Cupboard surfaces
- All doors
- Interior window frames
- Clean air-con vents
- Shower clean and disinfect
- Oven – inside
- Rangehood and filters
- Fridge – inside
- Pantry (inc check expiry dates)
- Inside kitchen cupboard and draws
- Inside bathroom cupboard and draws
- Inside bedroom wardrobe and draws
- Interior window glass
- Carpet steam cleaning
- Bio-hazards (mould etc)
- Animal waste
- Exterior windows
- High reach areas (more than 2 steps)
- Light bulbs
Looking for a house cleaner or apartment cleaner in Darwin?
Now that you have some essential tips on how to set up a house cleaning plan, you’ll need to find a house cleaner who can help.
Darwin Cleaners can help you put together a plan that suits you best. Our 3-Tier Plan is a suggested plan. We have many clients who use it and swear by it. We also have some clients who tweak it to their liking and are just as happy. You can reach out to us by either calling us now or fill out our Quote Request Form.